THE MORTGAGE SAVVY $5,000 GIVEAWAY (the “Contest”) Official Rules and Regulations (the “Official Rules”)
- CONTEST PERIOD: Starting on or about November 24, 2017 at 9:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ending January 31, 2018 at 11:59 PM ET (the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the provinces of Ontario who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win prizes in the Contest: (a) any person who, at any time on or after the commencement of the Contest Period, was or is a director, officer, employee or agent of Mortgage Savvy Inc., including all subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “Mortgage Savvy”); (b) individuals engaged in the development, production, sponsorship or distribution of materials for the promotion or engaged in the administration or execution of this Contest (collectively the “Contest Entities”); and (c) any person living in the same residence as any of the above.
- HOW TO ENTER & PLAY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. In order to participate in the Contest, you must submit, during the Contest Period, a completed application to Mortgage Savvy for a mortgage in respect of a purchase or refinance. You will also receive one (1) additional entry into the contest per individual who you refer to register to Mortgage Savvy and who submits, during the Contest Period, a completed application to Mortgage Savvy for a mortgage in respect of a purchase or refinancing, provided that you have previously, whether in connection with the Contest or otherwise, submitted a mortgage application to Mortgage Savvy. Completion of a mortgage application during the Contest Period constitutes automatic entry into the Contest. Limit of one (1) entry per applicant. Visit https://www.msavvy.ca/mortgage-application/ to complete the mortgage application / entry form. Entrants are not required to make any payment or incur any indebtedness as a condition of entry.
The mortgage application which serves as the entry form requires your full name, mailing address, e-mail address, date of birth, phone number, type of loan being applied for, amount of loan being applied for, your employer’s name, your gross annual income and your social insurance number. By participating, each entrant agrees (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and any interpretation thereof by Mortgage Savvy; (b) to release and hold harmless Mortgage Savvy and its Contest Entities; and (c) to permit Mortgage Savvy to use his/her name, photo, personal information, etc. as described in these Official Rules.
- PRIZE DRAW: The prize will be randomly selected on February 9, 2018 from all valid, eligible entries (the “Entries”) received during the Contest Period. One (1) winner will be selected for the grand prize. See Section 7 below for how to claim your prize.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Purchase is not required and does not enhance an entrant’s chance of winning.
- PRIZE: There will be one (1) grand prize of five thousand dollars ($5,000) cash available to be won.
The odds of winning the grand prize will be dependent on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by Mortgage Savvy, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance are the winner’s responsibility. All prize details are at Mortgage Savvy’s sole discretion.
- HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE: Mortgage Savvy will attempt to contact via e-mail, the potential prize winners (each, a “Potential Winner”) between 9:00 AM ET and 5:00 PM ET on February 9, 2018. The prize can be picked up at our office located at 156 Duncan Mill Rd #1, North York, ON M3B 3N2. If Mortgage Savvy does not receive a response from the Potential Winner by 8:59 AM ET on February 13, 2018 then at the sole and absolute discretion of Mortgage Savvy, that entrant may be disqualified, and his/her entitlement to receive a prize may be forfeited or the prize may be awarded to an alternate randomly-selected winner, in Mortgage Savvy’s sole discretion. As a condition of being declared the winner of a prize, the Potential Winner may also be required to execute and return Mortgage Savvy’s form of release. If the Potential Winner does not fully comply with the foregoing requirements, another entrant will be randomly selected as the Potential Winner and the initial selected Potential Winner will be disqualified and will have no recourse towards any of Mortgage Savvy or Contest Entities.
Mortgage Savvy and its Contest Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding prizes for any reason outside of their control. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded. No interest will be paid on any prize. Any unclaimed or expired amount of a prize will not be awarded. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, declines to accept a prize, or in the event that a prize confirmation or prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited. By participating in the Contest, winners consent to the use of their names, addresses, voices, and statements relating to the Contest or Mortgage Savvy, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Mortgage Savvy or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by applicable law. By entering the Contest, you consent to Mortgage Savvy’s use of your name, city of residence, photograph, voice, statement and image for any publicity purposes. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- By entering, entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and, (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Mortgage Savvy, made in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification.
All Contest Entries obtained through unauthorized sources which are incomplete, illegible, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forgeries, irregular or fraudulent in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are automatically void, as determined by Mortgage Savvy in its sole discretion.
- Mortgage Savvy is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete entries. All entries/submissions become the property of Mortgage Savvy and in no case shall be returned to the entrant. Mortgage Savvy assumes no responsibility for computer system, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors/failures of any kind, delayed computer transmissions, network connections, or damages to participants’ computers arising out of participation in this Contest.
- Mortgage Savvy reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or entitlement to a prize, if, in the sole discretion of Mortgage Savvy, it determines or suspects that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree: (a) to release Mortgage Savvy and Contest Entities, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Contest or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize; (b) that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding legal fees and court costs.
- Mortgage Savvy and the Contest Entities do not warrant that access to the Contest will be uninterrupted. Mortgage Savvy and the Contest Entities are not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to (a) any errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Contest, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; or (b) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Contest.
Mortgage Savvy reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest, at its sole discretion, in the event of any occurrence beyond the reasonable control of Mortgage Savvy that adversely affects the administration, security or other operation of the Contest. DISCLOSURES:
- Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Mortgage Savvy reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. An entrant engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any prize(s) won.
- In the event of any conflict with any Contest details contained in these Official Rules and Contest details contained in promotion materials (including but not limited to point of sale, radio, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Mortgage Savvy in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to Ontario conflicts of law principles. All entrants irrevocably consent and attorn to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In particular, Mortgage Savvy’s employees are not authorized to waive, modify or amend any provision or provisions of these Official Rules in any manner whatsoever.